Four simple and challenging kettlebell workouts.
Remember these rules:
- Use proper form – honor the iron from first to last touch.
- Head up and keep that back nice and engaged. Tight core.
- No injuries allowed
- Warm up first – do something (swings, pushups, jumping jacks, etc.)
- If the workout is not challenging please increase the weight.
- Feels wrong – Stop! Ask a nearby trainer for d-fib or advice.
Building set. Perform one after the other and build up.
3 Russian Swings – add 3 each set for a total of 30
2 Goblet Squats add 2 each round for a total of 20
1 Burpee add 1 each round for a total of 10
You are done – stolen from various Kettlebell authors.
10 down to 1 (start at 10 for each movement then 9, 8, 7…1)
- Thrusters (Single handed racked squat & press – each arm)
- Burpees (what’s life without them?)
- High Pulls (each arm – If you cannot do a high pull do a clean and press)
- Kettle Bell Push Ups
- Body weight Jump Squat
-Before you leave
60 Russian Twists
50 Kettlebell overhead crunches
Kahl’s Bell Builder: Simple, sinister, and cute as hell!
Warm Up: 40 Jumping Jacks, 10 deep squats, 10 Push Ups x2
- 4 sets
- Numbers are totals that include left and right
- If you cannot do snatches, go to High pulls.
Squat & presses 10, 16, 20 30
Alt Lunge 10, 16, 20, 30
Snatches or High pulls 10, 16, 20, 30
Sumo Swings (heavy) 40 each round
Twists – 50 each round
Rest as needed. Kahl demands perfect form.
Time left? Here is a finisher:
Kettlebell Jump Squats 10-1
Push Ups 10-1
500 movements of goodness
20 Good mornings
50 Russian Swings (add bonus points make them American swings)
30 Mountain climbers
100 Single Handled or Alternate hand swing
50 Snatch (25 per)
50 Side Lunge – Hockey (25 per)
50 Clean & Press (25 per)
50 Reverse Lunge (25 per)
50 Squat & Press
Sprinkle throughout – 50 Burpees
Thanks to Kettlebell gurus: Travis Stoetzel and Greg Brooks